Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Rowan Demon Mini-Boss and research

As Ceri based alot of character work off of Wreck it Ralph, I also looked more into it as I wasnt getting very far with the previous thumbnails. Adding a more cartoony vibe and proportions. The demon is also only supposed to be a sort of minion, and is one of the early minibosses, so I felt as though him being smaller and less powerful looking fit in more. Also took a look at Link in Wind Waker more, as I had researched into the game earlier for the level design. I took from this the simplicity of it especially.
I also really liked the use of the lineart, being sort of pointed and looked into a comic by Kienan Lafferty http://emmacomiconline.com/issues/issue-03-part-02/ which again has curves into harsh points...in a sense. But yeah, this stuff is what finally gave me some inspiration for the demon character, as I was hitting a brick wall over and over and just not getting any character...Now hopefully Im almost there. Or on my way at the very least.

Bonus poses

No comments:

Post a Comment